Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This is the first post.

A few months ago, I turned 29.  Not really a big deal in the course of my life, and certainly not a big deal to the rest of the world, but since then I've definitely taken a bit of an account of what I'd like more of in my life as I pedal my cruiser towards 30.  One of those things is writing again with some regularity, and I think a blog (that, hopefully, people are reading) will keep me accountable to that.

Most of you reading this probably already know me a little, so I'll spare you the boring details.  This blog will contain updates on everything from what I'm currently knitting to recipes I've tried to reviews of books I've read and movies I've seen to thoughts on current events, culture, theology, history, or stories of Things That Actually Happened to Me.

And you, Dear Reader, can help shape this blog if you'd like!  Feel free to suggest that you'd like to see or hear more (or less!) of something and I'll try my best to create updates accordingly.

As a First Post Push for Good Karma, here's a list of some awesome daily blogs which I love:
The Lady Pastor:  This is my awesome friend Emily's blog.  She is a pastor with an eye for design and an appreciation for the simple things that can so wonderfully enhance our lives.
Not a Crazy Vegan:  Rachel's hilarious food blog proves that she is not crazy in her attempts to be vegan.  I love her cooking tips and the vegan recipes she tries are absolutely mouth-watering!
Dooce.com:  Because it's Dooce.com.  I mean, have you ever cried whilst reading the interwebs?  Have you? Have you??
Hyde Park Cats:  The blog for the organization for which I foster.  They do amazing work and the pictures of the kittehs on the website are teeth-achingly adorable.

And you can follow me on Twitter as well; I'm @je_gigote (if you figure out what that means, you'll know how perfectly it describes me).

Let me hear from you and we'll party in the blogosphere til the break of dawn!  (Ha ha, inadvertent Twilight reference!) I'm a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment